The School of Meteorology has exchange partnerships with Reading University in England, Hamburg University in Germany, and Monash University in Australia. Students from these institutions study at the School and our qualified Meteorology students can study abroad in their junior year. Students interested in studying abroad should speak with the one of the School’s study abroad coordinators and visit the OU Education Abroad office.
Reading: Elinor Martin, email@example.com
Hamburg: Petra Klein, firstname.lastname@example.org
Monash: Fred Carr, email@example.com
The School’s Study Abroad Correspondent, Kaylee Nix, is currently preparing to study abroad in Monash, Australia in Spring 2017. Learn about how to prepare to study abroad and Kaylee’s journey to Monash here: http://adventuresabroad.som.ou.edu/
The following funding opportunities are open to those studying abroad in Spring 2017:
- Follow a student as she prepares and then goes abroad for study: http://adventuresabroad.som.ou.edu
- DAAD: For American or Canadian students studying at German universities. Due January 31, 2016. Visit https://www.daad.org/undergrad for more information.
- BUTEX: Scholarship offered to those studying for a semester at British universities. Due by June 15th, 2016. Visit http://www.butex.ac.uk/scholarships/how-to-apply/ for more information.
- CASH: Various study abroad scholarships are available through OU’s new Centralized Academic Scholarship Hub. Apply by going to http://www.ou.edu/scholarships.html and choosing the study abroad questions. Deadline is February 1, 2016.
- PITF: the Presidential International Travel Fund helps cover average airfare costs. This and other funding sources can be found on OU’s Education Abroad website: http://www.ou.edu/content/cis/education_abroad/money-matters/scholarships1.html
- Alliance Scholars: a general scholarship website featuring many programs that may be helpful, such as the Gates Millennium Scholar Program: http://www.alliancescholars.org/scholarships.html