Information Technology (IT) Department
Your tech fees go into building and maintaining our information technology infrastructure in the School of Meteorology. We have many services available including a 16 computer Mac Lab (NWC ) and 24 computer Linux lab (NWC 5720) as well as free printing for all Meteorology students in each lab. The School employs 2 full time IT Staff Members, Shawn Riley and Ben Holcomb.
Areas of responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Linux, Mac and Grad student computer labs
- Maintaining the schools website
- Providing tech support assistance to faculty, staff and students
- Setting up user accounts
- Maintaining the schools IT infrastructure including servers, storage and desktops
- Maintaining and upgrading the classroom A/V equipment such as projectors
If you are having problems with any technology, see Shawn (NWC 5640) or Ben (NWC 5630) for assistance. We can assist with all sorts of issues including those with personal computers, laptops and tablets.
- Remote Access – Access the NWC Network/Servers/resources remotely
- Computing Forms – Sign up for a computing account or remote access account
- HPC Computing – Using the School’s high performance computing clusters
- Acceptable Use Policy – Read the schools technology Acceptable Use Policy
- Webspace – Information on how to use the school provided web space
Welcome to the start of a new semester! With the start of each semester, there is always the impact of tuition on wallets. We wanted to make sure everyone knows about free software made available to all students. From OU IT: Microsoft Windows 10 (downloads.ou.edu) Matlab (itstore.ou.edu) Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows and Mac (office.com) OneDrive (Free […]