Meteorology is a very computational heavy degree program and it is recommended that students have their own computer to allow them to work on assignments wherever. Though some computers are available in the National Weather Center for them to use as well.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONS FOR 2020-2021
- Minimum i7 Processor or better
- 16GB RAM
- 512GB Hard Drive (Solid State Drive SSD highly recommended)
- 1 GB Integrated Video (Discrete/Dedicated Graphics Card recommended)
- 802.11 n/ac Wireless
- At least 1 USB 3.0 Port
- Windows 10 or later (64 bit)
- MacOS 10.14: Mojave or later
- 3 Year Warranty (accidental damage highly recommended, not required)
Can I use a Chromebook?
Chromebooks are not able to run the required software to complete assignments within the School of Meteorology.