Computer Programmer II
Exciting career opportunity for a Computer Programmer II to join Centuria’s team of 55 scientists, meteorologists, engineers and IT experts to provide infrastructure engineering design, development, implementation, production, installation, and integration support to the National Weather Service (NWS) Next Generation Radar (NEXRAD) Radar Operations Center (ROC) in support of nearly 200 Doppler weather radars that provide critical tornado and severe weather warning observations across the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Azores, and Korea. The team is involved in every phase of the software lifecycle across business and technical applications. They also provide facility support, program management, and quality assurance. This contract involves customer touch points within NWS, Department of Transportation, and the Air Force.
This position is located in the Applications Branch of the Radar Operations Center at the National Weather Center in Norman, OK.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science Meteorology. Another technical discipline, augmented by a minor in Computer Science or equivalent formal training courses or equivalent formal training courses, may be substituted on other qualifications, and length and type of specialized training.
- 5+ years’ experience in providing software applications design specifications, detailed design documentation, and the ability to translate these products into viable software implementations on radar systems and equipment.
- Highly developed software programming skills working in Linux & Unix environments.
- Experience using at least one of the following programming languages is desired: ‘C’, or C++.
- Training experience Widget Toolkits GTK+ or Motif highly desirable.
- Training or experience using FORTRAN or Java is desirable.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Centuria Corporation is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. Due to security requirements on this program, US Citizenship is required.
Denise Ellis-Weaver, SHRM-CP, PHR
Human Resources/Technical Recruiting Manager
1851 Alexander Bell Drive, Suite 440
Reston, VA 20191
571-313-4028 o | email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://WWW.CENTURIA.COM →