Contract for Warning Decision Support System II – Weather Decision Support Systems
Weather Decision Support Systems, International
WDSS is seeking a contractor to work on an existing operational project which uses the NSSL Warning Decision Support System II (WDSS-II) software package to perform radar QC, mosaic’ing, SCIT, and QPE processing. The project contains several radars from which data are sent to a central server, decoded, and sent to WDSS-II.
It is expected on average this work will take ~5 hrs/week, with more hours necessary during system upgrades and troubleshooting activities.
This is a 1099 independent contractor position with an hourly rate and thus there are no benefits and contractor is responsible for all taxes, etc. that may be incurred.
- Gain an understanding of existing radar integration and WDSS-II configuration of project
- Troubleshoot and maintain radar integration components and WDSS-II processing
- Provide monthly reports on radar data availability
- Provide monthly reports on work performed
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Degree in meteorology
- Experience with WDSS-II at programming and end-user levels
- Experience with LDM
- Applicational programming experience under Linux environments using Python
- United States citizen or permanent US work visa
To apply, e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com