Data Assimilation Postdoc Position
We are pleased to announce the availability of one Ph.D. position for earth system models of different complexity with data assimilation. The position will start in 2021 in the paleoclimate dynamics group at AWI, and is part of the excellence cluster MARUM.
The position is affiliated to the Paleoclimate Dynamics section at the Climate Sciences department. You will work on a novel approach to simulate the Earth’s past in a warmer or warming climate.
- Coupled climate modelling and data assimilation in Earth system models of different complexity for the Earth’s past
- Master’s degree in physics, earth sciences, mathematics or similar fields
Desirable skills and knowledge
- Dealing with complex data sets
- knowledge of the climate system
- knowledge of paleoclimate
- programming skills
This position is limited to 3 years.The salary will be paid in accordance with the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federation (Tarifvertrag des öffentlichen Dienstes, TVöD Bund), up to salary level 13 (66%). The place of employment will be Bremerhaven.
All doctoral candidates will be members of AWI’s postgraduate program POLMAR or another graduate school and thus benefit from a comprehensive training program and extensive support measures.
- our scientific success – excellent research.
- collaboration and cooperation – intra-institute, national and international, interdisciplinary.
- opportunities to develop – on the job, aiming at other positions and beyond AWI.
- a culture of reconciling work and family – an audited and well-supported aspect of our operation
- our outstanding research infrastructure – ships, stations, aircraft, laboratories and more.
- an international environment – everyday contacts with people from all over the world.
- having an influence – fundamental research with social and political relevance
- flat hierarchies – facilitating freedom and responsibility
- exciting science topics, with opportunities also in technology, administration and infrastructure
The AWI fosters the compatibility of work and family in various ways and has received a number of awards as a result of this engagement.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5442.de.umantis.com.