Digital Morning News Producer
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWCH/KSCW is looking for a digital producer for the highly rated morning show in the Wichita, KS market. You will be producing content for our digital products and engaging viewers through social media. Ideal candidate must have strong news judgment, excellent copy-editing skills and brand understanding.
The morning digital producer is responsible for writing news stories, posting video and making social media decisions on content and viewer engagement. This position requires you to think quickly and report accurately with an understanding of a morning audience. The daily goal is to highlight morning show content and creatively and credibly engage viewers on social media. The ideal candidate understands high quality journalism and how to keep that standard across digital platforms.
- At least 3+ years of journalism experience; this is not an entry-level position
- Print/copy editing background preferred
- Strong news judgment and writing skills a must
- Ability to work well with others under tight deadlines
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a large team
- Video editing knowledge and graphics helpful
- Passion for serving the community
- Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.