As part of a multi-disciplinary team of scientists in land surface modeling, watershed hydrology, hydrogeology, and subsurface biogeochemistry, the selected candidate will work with a variety of PNNL and external scientists on several projects in watershed science.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for:
- Working both independently and collaboratively with other team members at PNNL to coordinate modeling and research efforts
- Working with the PI and other scientists to analyze data, discuss scientific issues, and develop manuscripts.
- Mentoring interns and other junior scientists in scientific best practices, field and programming skills, and workplace ethics.
and have experience in the following:
- Watershed hydrologic, thermal and biogeochemical modeling and/or land surface modeling
- Model verification/validation, calibration, and data assimilation
- Independent conceptualization, design, and application of subsurface flow and transport models (e.g., PFLOTRAN, ATS)
- (Characterizing hyporheic zone and subsurface properties by collecting and analyzing field and lab measurements
- Fluency in one or more programming languages (e.g., Fortran, C++) and/or Geographic Information Systems and data analysis skills using R or Python (with experience in Jupyter notebooks)
- Fluency with LINUX operating system and parallel programming paradigms on high-performance computers are strongly preferred
For more information please visit https://www.pnnl.gov/atmospheric/jobs.asp and look for job 310096.
To apply for this job please visit www.pnnl.gov.