Electronics Field Service Technician
Candidates for this position must be based in the DC Metro area.
Our company is on a mission to enable a safer and more prosperous world through the use of our global network of weather sensors. We empower both private and public sector customers to automate key safety and operational decisions by using the industry’s most sophisticated, real-time alerting and SaaS-based decision tools.
We are looking for a motivated and savvy self-starter to work independently as a Field Service Technician based in the DC Metro region. The ideal candidate will be our “boots on the ground” support for installation and maintenance of our equipment throughout the assigned territory. In addition, the technician will be building/strengthening relationships with customers to enhance company visibility and encourage dependence on products and information services.
• Perform field work 5 days per week visiting host locations to maintain/improve equipment uptime and data quality. Promptly resolve equipment problems for designated sites. Install various pieces of equipment, including but not limited to: weather monitoring stations, cameras, greenhouse gas monitoring equipment, high water detection systems, and outdoor alerting systems for customers. Most locations are in urban environments, but some can be rural.
• Occasionally work overtime or weekends when required to complete projects.
• The technician will be based out of the DC Metro area. With responsibilities in the immediate region, including portions of Maryland, DC, West Virginia and Virginia. At times, travel outside of this region to assist with other projects may be required. This can be up to two weeks in some situations.
• Develop and execute territory service plan according to strict timelines to ensure optimal network operations
• Must be able to balance the demands of both reactive site visits and scheduled installations – requires proactive identification of needs and verification of enhancements via monitoring of equipment performance metrics
• Ability to coordinate with third party vendors (lift equipment, electricians, etc.) when required to complete tasks such as installation or re-siting of equipment.
• Specific on-site responsibilities include outdoor work such as climbing ladders and traversing rooftops to install new equipment, replace faulty equipment, increase equipment height, upgrade masts/mounting brackets, install guy wire, repair/replace cables, installing conduit in small trenches and relocating equipment.
• On-site indoor work includes installing network appliances which are connected to the internet, installing LCD displays, restarting/troubleshooting network appliances that have gone offline, and educating our customers on their equipment.
• Must possess knowledge of or desire to learn and apply basic internet communication skills in order to troubleshoot problems with equipment data transfer (check network operations via IP configuration, firewalls, etc.)
• Requires a “can do” attitude and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to get the job done often under strict deadlines, harsh conditions, and extended travel.
• 2 year technical degree or 3+ years’ experience as an installer of mounting hardware, sensors, cables, masts, antennas, satellite dishes, network equipment, etc.
• Some network training and/or weather instrumentation experience is a plus
• Experience working outdoors (or in other physically demanding job) preferred
• Able to lift 60 pounds and transport several feet.
• Excellent organizational & retention skills – able to accurately and concisely report daily and weekly progress to manager
• Able to travel nationally on occasion to augment staff
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally to install and/or train installers
• Able to acquire a Level 2 security clearance
• Able to rapidly analyze and troubleshoot issues using sound methodologies
• Must be able to manage time efficiently to meet both client and company needs
• Adept at translating technical concepts into “customer-friendly” language
• Excellent verbal, written, and listening communications skills
• Must learn & remain proficient on all supported products
• Must be able to troubleshoot technical issues, including software/hardware and modem/wireless devices
• Proficient in Windows Operating Systems
• Basic understanding of firewalls, proxies, and networking
• You must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage PLUS flexible spending accounts
• 401(k) company match
• 15 days of Paid Time Off accrued in your first year! An additional day every year after!
• 8 Company holidays + 2 Float holidays
• Working with co-workers that are passionate about our products and solutions!
AEM is an Equal Opportunity Employers.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.