Evening/Weekend Producer – KWCJ
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 101 television markets. Upon closing pending transaction, Gray will own television stations serving 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWCH/KSCW is the #1 news leader based in Wichita, Kansas. We have a dedicated team of anchors, reporters, photojournalists, producers and production staff who enjoy telling the stories of our community.
If you like to write, love knowing what’s happening in your community and enjoy a job where every day is different, you’ve found your next career! You’ve read hundreds of job descriptions that probably sound the same. This ain’t that job. If you like to write, love being creative and want to be a part of history as it happens, this career is for you! No day is the same.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Prioritize, organize, and produce newscasts
• Maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and local contacts
• Search wire services, network feeds, websites and others sources to find relevant material for newscasts
• Work with anchor team to determine which stories to air during weekend and evening newscasts
• Accurately edit video with an eye for visual elements that make stories understandable to the viewer
• Write creative headlines and teases
• Research and brainstorm story ideas, present ideas in editorial meetings
• Write news stories
• Monitor competition’s shows and websites for missed leads
• Assist producers in formatting other newscasts
- Clear, concise, conversational writing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate solid news judgment
• Maintain strong journalistic ethics
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
• Be creative and create compelling and memorable newscasts
• Knowledge of newsroom software
• Ability to stay current with national and local news/weather
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment; work well with co-workers
• Edit video and audio
• Build graphics and use effectively in shows
• Handle and adjust to last-minute changes
• Make quick, accurate decisions during the on-air process
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.