Field Ecologist I- Instrumentationand Field Ecologist II- Instrumentation in Domain 07-Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and Field Ecologist I-Instrumentation in Domain 03- Gainesville, Florida.
Battelle would like to announce THREE new job openings for the positions of Field Ecologist I- Instrumentation and Field Ecologist II- Instrumentation in Domain 07-Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and Field Ecologist I-Instrumentation in Domain 03- Gainesville, Florida.
· Field Ecologist I –Instrumentation – The Field Ecologist I is a technical position that performs routine maintenance and inventory management on all terrestrial and possibly aquatic instrumentation and sampling equipment.
· Field Ecologist II- Instrumentation – The Field Ecologist II is the technical lead for performing routine maintenance and inventory management on all terrestrial and possibly aquatic instrumentation and sampling equipment. The Field Ecologist II will provide guidance to temporary field crews while working in the field and laboratory.
· Test, troubleshoot and operate instruments, sensors, calibration equipment and test fixtures.
· Inspect and maintain civil infrastructure including boom arms, sensor mounts, towers, boardwalks and instrument huts.
· Record activities, completed work and trouble tickets according to Field Operations protocol.
· Computer interfacing with sensors for troubleshooting and remote monitoring purposes (i.e. PuTTY, specific sensor software, SAS or other visual analytic tool)
· Example of relevant instrumentation: Eddy Covariance turbulent exchange and storage exchange sensors, aspirated air temperature sensors, anemometers (2D and 3D), photometer, pyranometer, LI-840A, Picarro G2131-I or L2130-I, Mass flow controllers/meters, Radiometers, LI-7200, soil sensors including – salinity/moisture, CO2, heat flux, wet deposition, precipitation gauges (DFIR, tipping bucket, throughfalls), humidity probe, barometer, SUNA (Submersible Ultraviolet Nitrate analyzer), multiparameter sonde, and pressure transducers
To apply or view complete job descriptions, visit https://www.battelle.org/careers.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.