- B.S. in Atmospheric Sciences or related Engineering Degree.
- 2 years of experience meso-scale weather forecasting
- Must be comfortable and able to speak in public.
- Must be able to use weather model and observation data to create a detailed weather forecast.
- Must be able to accurately distinguish a broad spectrum of colors within graphical output and editing software.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to edit and compose reports and product content as well as company correspondence, and to present company information articulately.
- Individual should be self-driving and have the ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to multi-task in highly changing work environment.
- Computer Software skills in the UNIX environment
- Ability to write software in a variety of languages including Perl, C, Java.
Non-forecasting related activities may include personal forecast technique development and participation in training and also assisting in the research and development of forecasting techniques/algorithms and their integration in Iteris’ MPower forecast system. Forecasters with a background in computer science will be encouraged to assist in the maintenance and development of tools used by the forecasting staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com