Iteris is leading the world in applied informatics—turning big data into smart insights for transportation and agriculture. By using machine learning to extract the information engineers and scientists need to solve complex problems, we’re making our roads safer and our farms smarter. Building better communities today means we’re creating a better world tomorrow. To learn more, visit www.iteris.com.
Operational Meteorologists are expected to evaluate observed and numerically modeled weather data to create specialized forecasts, primarily in support of the transportation industry. Forecasters must also be willing to assist in the answering of customer phones calls and conducting detailed briefings with current clients. This also includes conveying meteorological phenomena through prose to be understood by the non-meteorological community. Non-forecasting related activities may include personal forecast technique development and participation in training and also assisting in the research and development of forecasting techniques/algorithms and their integration in Iteris’s MPower forecast system. Forecasters with a background in computer science will be encouraged to assist in the maintenance and development of tools used by the forecasting staff.
• B.S. in Atmospheric Sciences or related Engineering Degree
• 2 years of experience meso-scale weather forecasting
• Must be comfortable and able to speak in public.
• Must be able to use weather model and observation data to create a detailed weather forecast.
• Must be able to accurately distinguish a broad spectrum of colors within graphical output and editing software.
• Must be able to work rotating shifts.
• 2 years of experience pavement weather forecasting
• M.S. in Atmospheric Sciences or related Engineering Degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to edit and compose reports and product content as well as company correspondence, and to present company information articulately.
• Individual should be self-driving and have the ability to work as a team player.
• Ability to multi-task in highly changing work environment.
• Computer Software skills in the UNIX environment
• Ability to write software in a variety of languages including Perl, C, Java.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered, please apply here: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ ITE1000ITEIN/JobBoard/df7d6d02-e9b0-4999-aa84-c6a532219086/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=0127c8cd-889e-48b0-a52e-b8c276d784d8
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.