GIS Software Enginee
We are looking for an experienced, (Arc) GIS Software Engineer to join our global research and development team.
The Senior Enterprise (Arc) GIS Software Engineer plays a key role in further expansion of our GIS Center of Excellence establishment. The GIS SW Engineer is responsible for the planning, development, and enhancement of our GIS integrated products. Release and quality management are integral parts of the job responsibilities. Cooperation, coordination, and communication with sales and other product development teams will make this role an exciting position that ensures close visibility towards our client requirements and the execution of the related tasks. The position is located in Houston (TX – USA), and will work with teams in US, Norway, and Lithuania.
* Plan, develop, enhance, and support ESRI GIS software, database and Web applications, interfaces, productivity tools, desktop tools, and server and client utilities and operations in the context of enterprise GIS.
* Integrate the enterprise GIS with other enterprise systems consistent with enterprise architecture.
* Develop, support, update, and perform GIS desktop, server, and administrative processes in various business areas.
* Provide support, analysis, or management services in the specialties of application system administration, database administration, Web administration, or data management.
* Administer GIS services and provide support for GIS applications.
* Coordinate with team members and business stakeholders to resolve issues.
* Maintain a development and release plan based on the client requirements, and contractual obligations
* Tracking changes to requirements and making sure that the change process is followed.
* Manage risks and coordinate resolution of issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
* Communicate all release plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes to the Key Stakeholders
Qualifications, Experience and Qualities
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
* At least 5 years’ experience in SW development
* Deep experience with ESRI ArcGIS Server/Enterprise (10.6), Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Web AppBuilder.
* Good Experience with Phython Scripting with ArcPy Extensions
* Experience in developing applications using ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server with MS SQL Server or PostgreSQL
* ESRI Certification preferred
* Knowledge of Open Source web mapping tools (Leaflet, Mapbox, OpenLayers, etc.) preferred
* Experience to drive teams and program schedules “on time” and “on budget”
* Good communication skills in English
* Assertive and sharply delivery focused
This is a challenging role that provides opportunities for growth, working across the globe with international clients and working in an exciting domain area. StormGeo also offers competitive company benefits, good pension and insurance schemes.
The position is placed in Houston, TX.
StormGeo is a world leader of shore-based ship routing advisory services and software, on-board voyage optimization systems and fleet management systems. The company’s mission is to provide innovative decision support solutions and services that enable companies in the maritime industry to improve effectiveness, increase profitability, maintain safety, and minimize environmental impact.
The company routes 60,000 ship voyages annually and 6,000 vessels are fitted with StormGeo on-board ship routing software. Its award winning products and services are designed to help ship owners, charterers, operators, fleet managers and captains identify the safest, most time-efficient or fuel-efficient routes for their fleets. StormGeo Shipping is headquartered in California’s Silicon Valley, with worldwide offices in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New York, Shanghai, Singapore and the UK.
StormGeo is a market leader, providing decision support services and products for weather sensitive operations. The company offers solutions in the offshore oil and gas, shipping, renewable energy, onshore business continuity, media and aviation industries. The StormGeo Group is headquartered in Bergen, Norway and operates out of 22 offices in 16 countries. More information is available at www.stormgeo.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.stormgeo.com.