Hydro Climatologist position I
This position is located in the Climate Services Branch, Forecast Services Division in Silver Spring, MD.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-2018-0183, which is open to all which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Lead Physical Scientist, GS-1301-14 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Hydro Climatologist, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as a technical authority on climate, water resources, and related sciences matters in support of the NWS Climate Services and Water Resources Services Programs.
- Develop program milestones, plans, and projects; make recommendations for new technologies; and formulate policies related to service improvement to enhance the service capacity of the National Weather Service (NWS) climate and water resources services.
- Collaborate with other components of NOAA, government agencies, and the private sector on issues related to climate services, water resources services, policies, and products
To apply for this job please visit USAJOBS.gov.