Marine Group Position
Weathernews’ Marine Group provides Voyage Planning services to companies that operate commercial vessels all over the world. We work directly with ship operators and ship captains in order to determine the optimal voyage plan based on numerous factors, providing not just forecast information, but also risk associated with each decision and how it could affect our customers’ bottom line.
As a technical professional, a Voyage Planner finds and communicates the optimum shipping route in order to protect the safety of the vessel, cargo and crew. Using knowledge of weather, ocean currents, vessel and cargo type, combined with a variety of tools and software programs you will assess and select the optimum shipping routes for supporting our customer’s business. Additionally, this position communicates the chosen route and responds to inquiries for climatologic, weather, and other information during the route from ship captains, ship operators and partner affiliates. The role of Voyage Planner is critical in the overall Voyage Planning operations at WNI, and one that helps ensure we continue to deliver world-class service to our major shipping customers.
This position is a one-year full time contract position with possibility to be considered for a permanent position after the contract has expired. This position is located in our operations facility near the National Weather Center in Norman, Oklahoma. Salary is $34,000 gross per year.
- Analyze and communicate optimum voyage plans for all ocean basins
- Field inquiries for climatologic and route related information to ship captains, ship
- Attend daily weather briefings and
- Attend team meetings to review all issues and discuss ideas to improve
- Perform additional assignments or tasks as
- Undergraduate degree in Meteorology OR equivalent of two plus years of directly related
- Customer focused and able to understand and fulfill specific customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Skilled in working issues with a high degree of professionalism, judgment, creativity and
- Results driven, self-motivated with strong organizational
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment and to multi-task.
- Strong computer
- Detail-oriented and keen attention to
- Marine or maritime background
- Fluency in Spanish a plus but not required
- Willingness to travel to our office in Japan for extended periods of
** Weathernews is a 24/7 operation, all candidates must be available for shift work including nights and weekends.
Weathernews offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package,
as well as the opportunity to join a recognized leader in the weather information & risk analysis industry.
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Please ensure the position you are applying to is clearly stated in your email.
For more information about Weathernews’ products and services, please visit:
Weathernews is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org