Marine Meteorology Internship
Weathernews Americas Inc. Marine Group – Internship
Now Hiring: Marine Meteorology Internship
For over fifty years, Weathernews has drawn upon our global resources and ongoing innovations in science, software and service to deliver customized solutions that help businesses in many industries better manage the effects of weather on their operations, revenues and profits.
Weathernews’ Marine Group provides Voyage Planning services to companies that operate commercial vessels all over the world. We work directly with ship operators and ship captains in order to determine the optimal voyage plan based on numerous factors, providing not just forecast information, but also risk associated with each decision and how it could affect our customers’ bottom line.
The internship will focus on data analysis which is vital information for our customers. Interns will evaluate data and confirm erroneous data with ship masters and operators. The internship will also provide opportunities for job shadowing Operational Meteorologists.
This position is a paid internship which will be flexible around class schedules. The duration of the internship is through the fall semester with the possibility to extend into the spring.
Data Analysis – reviewing data for errors
- Data Cleansing – confirming/correcting data as necessary
- Cross reference system settings with customer requirements
- Job shadowing
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology or closely related Science
- Experience / exposure to statistical analysis of meteorological data preferred
- Students entering or having already taken Atmospheric Dynamics I will be given preference
- Strong analytical skills to support other areas of operational research and quality assurance
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week in 3-5 hour blocks of time
Qualified candidates should e-mail their letter of interest to email@example.com no later than September 14th, 2018. Please note you are applying for the Marine Group – Internship.
For more information about the company please visit http://www.weathernews.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org