Marine Synoptic Meteorologist
Weather Routing Inc. (WRI), a rapidly growing ship routing company that provides optimal routing, weather forecasts, and meteorological consulting for cargo vessels and yachts worldwide, is searching for high quality individuals with strong communication and superior forecasting skills. Computer Experience and Programming also a high asset.
B.S. in Meteorology is required. Knowledge or experience in tropical meteorology and/or wind, sea and swell forecasting is highly desirable, but we are willing to train the right individual. Applicant must possess excellent communication skills and be a motivated self-starter along with knowledge of world geography and typical office computer software. Some desired requirements are listed below.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Atmospheric Science/Meteorology
- Strong writing skills (able to succinctly describe synoptic weather patterns)
- Strong verbal phone skills
- Good working knowledge of world and marine geography
- Familiar/able to use MS WORD, excel and other software common to a working office
- Helpful courses: oceanography, climatology, geography, statistics
- Strong desire to work daily in meso-scale forecasting
- Strong interest in mid and long range forecasting and weather patterns
- Familiar with observation and forecast data including: metars, various model data, ASCAT
- Familiar with interpreting satellite data for various features including: tropical storm development, frontogenesis, low development, cold air surges and more
- Some marine (boating/sailing) experience/knowledge helpful
- Strong desire (and willingness) to be a part of a team effort
- Previous experience with ship routing / post voyage analysis also highly desired
Weather Routing Inc. (WRI) offers a benefit package that includes competitive salaries (earned by employee performance), retirement package, medical benefits (HSA/HMO), vacation plan, and employee driven bonuses with a beautiful location in the Lake George region of Upstate New York.
Mail, fax, or e-mail a detailed cover letter, resume, and transcript to the attention of: Weather Routing Inc., Attn: Stasu Bizzarro, P.O. Box 345, Glens Falls, New York 12801. Fax: (518) 798-4939. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Web: www.wriwx.com
Weather Routing, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com