Mesonet Data Quality Student Assistant
The Oklahoma Mesonet collects and disseminates weather data from 170+ automated weather stations across the state. Located in the National Weather Center, the Mesonet Data Quality Assurance Group manages data quality by reviewing timeseries data and maps, determines what observations are not meteorologically correct, manages station metadata, and coordinates with field technicians to properly resolve data problems.
- review automated quality assurance log files
- analyze timeseries graphs and maps to identify errant observations
- manage station metadata
––– Required Education: Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at The University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Spring 2021 class schedule
- Enrolled in or completed introductory meteorology course (METR 1003 or 2011)
- Intend to complete degree in Meteorology
- Will not complete undergraduate degree prior to Spring 2022
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention-to-detail
- Ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Self motivated
- Available to work Summer 2021
- Vision adequate enough to see computer screen and printed numbers
- Dexterity for typing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire to develop technical and computer skills
- Familar with command-line Linux
- Available to work weekends and holidays
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
To apply for this job please visit ou.taleo.net.