Mesonet Student Operator
––– The Oklahoma Mesonet collects and disseminates weather data from 170+ automated weather stations across the state. Located in the National Weather Center, the Mesonet Operations group manages data collection, monitors Mesonet websites and products, and serves as the initial point-of-contact for Mesonet customers.
- monitor real-time data collection from remote weather stations
- troubleshoot data collection problems
- relay system status to staff
- provide end-user customer support
- identify and report website problems
- beta test websites and software
––– *Position is located at the National Weather Center.*
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled in the Fall 2021 Term as an undergraduate student at The University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Fall 2021 class schedule.
- Will not complete undergraduate degree prior to Spring 2023
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills, especially in a busy environment
- Excellent phone contact handling skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Desire to develop technical and computer skills
- Familiar with command-line Linux
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail, including a high level of situational awareness
- Strong interest in meteorology
- Interest in viewing large quantities of weather and climate data
- Available to work weekends and holidays
- Vision adequate enough to see computer screen and printed numbers
- Dexterity for typing
- Ability to communicate over telephone in effective manner
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
To apply for this job please visit ou.taleo.net.