Do you want to learn how to build and support applications in the Amazon cloud? Do you want to be part of the team that works on the data backend for RadarScope? Do you want to play with GOES–16 data and build products no one has thought of yet?
Weather Decision Technologies is looking for a meteorological developer that’s passionate about science, technology and applying research to operational applications.
Characteristics we’re looking for:
- Master’s or D. Degree in Meteorology. Experience using real-time observational data sets including radar and/or satellite data is a definite plus.
- Ability to move research into operations creating practical applications for
- Driving thirst for knowledge and learning. WDT is positioned on the forefront of science and technology and both areas are changing rapidly and we want someone that can keep up.
- A team player that can collaborate between working groups within Someone that works well with others to accomplish goals is required.
- A problem Many challenges lack obvious solutions and WDT needs someone who can think outside the box and craft innovative solutions using cutting edge science and technology.
Skills that score bonus points:
- Experience with radar and/or satellite data formats
- Proficiency with Python, C or C++
- Experience with McIDAS
- Experience with WDSS-II
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira, Bamboo, Confluence)
If you’re excited about working in this kind of environment, submit the following to email@example.com:
- Resume or CV
- A short bio describing your skills and experience
- Any examples of your work: Github repos, websites, code examples
WDT is an equal opportunity employer.
We pride ourselves in hiring the top collaborative experts in science and technology in the industry. We understand the importance of having significant, challenging work, great pay and benefits, and a good balance between work and home life. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. WDT prides itself on the benefit offerings available to employees. They include:
- Generous health, dental, and optical insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid vacation
- Short and long-term disability coverage
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org