Meteorological Support Specialist
Website Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
Job Title: Meteorological Support Specialist
Job Description: WDT is seeking to fill a Meteorological Support Specialist position with a qualified student. Weekend shift-work required and extra hours are offered as needed. Duties include answering support calls for WDT products, Quality Control of operational weather products and weather systems, and entry and follow-up of support tickets with external WDT customers. Other duties may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Students currently pursuing a degree in Meteorology.
- Flexibility and ability to work shifts is very helpful.
- Understanding of meteorological data and related scientific processes.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills, especially in a busy environment.
- Outstanding technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail, including a high level of
- Use of various computer operating systems including Microsoft Windows,
RedHat Linux and Mac OS X.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products including Word,
- Understanding of Linux file Editors such as “vi”.
- Experience with SSH command line interfacing.
- Experience with mobile devices and apps.
- Experience with virtualization software.
- Experience with GIS applications is a plus.
Job Location: Norman, OK
Position Type: Weekends / Part-Time
Candidates should submit resume and other related materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WDT is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com