Meteorological Support Specialist-Part time
Job Description: WDT is seeking to fill a Meteorological Support Specialist position with a well-qualified individual. Weekend rotating shift-work is required and extra hours are offered or assigned as needed. Our 24/7 technical support staff are key focal points for assisting with and troubleshooting various customer software products both from our consumer and professional business services line. When not engaged handling customer related inquiries, staff also assist with internal quality assurance needs and control processes involving complex meteorological products, and are also called upon to work with computing systems administrators and engineering staff to diagnose system faults and help resolve product performance problems.
Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required, as well as the ability to organize and document complex technical problems between customers and internal resources. Candidates much be proficient at maintaining a professional mannerism while working in high stress situations.
- Recent graduates or students currently pursuing a degree in Meteorology or Computer
- Flexibility and ability to work rotating
- Previous experience in customer service, quality assurance, and/or technical support roles is
- Understanding of meteorological data and related scientific
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills, especially in a busy
- Outstanding technical writing and oral communication
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail, including a high level of situational
- Use of various computer operating systems including Microsoft Windows, RedHat Linux and Mac OS
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint, and
- Understanding of Linux file Editors such as “vi”.
- Experience with SSH command line
- Experience with mobile devices and apps, on iOS and/or Android
- Experience with virtualization
- Experience with GIS applications is a
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a
- Experience with working with APIs is a plus
Job Location: Norman, OK Position Type: Weekends, Evenings / Part-Time Candidates should submit resume, cover letter and other related materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WDT is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com