Atmospheric Science Technology (AST) provides analytical and predictive meteorological and technical services to government and DoD customers.
AST is looking for an experienced Meteorologist at Kwajalein Island, RMI.
Atmospheric Science Technology offers a comprehensive benefits plan to its full-time employees which includes Company paid health, dental, vision, short term disability and term life insurance. Voluntary benefits include long term disability, additional voluntary term life insurance, accident and critical illness insurance. In addition, our employees also enjoy paid vacation, paid holidays, a 401k plan and competitive pay.
Kwajalein Atoll is part of the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI). The southernmost and largest island in the atoll is named Kwajalein Island. The usual, small-town mix of retail and recreation exists on Kwajalein. This includes stores, theaters, library, bowling alley, snack bar, and a bar. In addition, the island is equipped to take full advantage of golfing, biking, organized softball and soccer leagues, and superb fishing, diving, sailing, and boating opportunities of the near equatorial-ocean. The island boasts a yacht club, fishing club, diving club, running club and rental outlet for boats and equipment. Island population numbers around 1200; these are divided near equally between single and family individuals. The IRS considers those employed at Kwajalein capable of receiving significant tax benefits. Meals and housing are provided to all single status employees.
Role and Responsibilities
This position focuses on operational weather forecasting and observation, requires relocation to Kwajalein Island and rotating shift work, including weekends and holidays. All candidates must be in good physical condition such as to not require routine, extensive medical treatment. Kwajalein Island is considered a remote location, with somewhat limited medical and dental facilities, much like any Small Town USA, but located in the Pacific.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- MS in Meteorology or closely related major or a BS in meteorology with two years of forecasting experience.
- Must be US citizen.
- Available housing status – Unaccompanied preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Possession of a security clearance is highly desired.
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience in Doppler or dual-polarized weather radar or satellite interpretation is highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX and PCs is highly desired.
- Computer programming experience desired.
- Cloud Physics experience is a plus
AST operates a state-of-the-art weather forecasting center, including McIDAS workstations, one-of-a-kind dual-polarized Doppler weather radar, an atoll-wide lightning detection and surface observation network. This may be an accompanied position, depending upon candidate qualifications.
Atmospheric Science Technology, LLC (AST) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, or mental or physical disability provided the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
The ADA defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of a particular job and does not cause undue hardship for the employer. Examples of reasonable accommodations may include: Additional modifying equipment or devices; Modified work schedules; Providing an interpreter; or Making the work environment readily accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- This Organization Participates in E-Verify- https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
- “Right to Work” – https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPoster.pdf
- “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination” Provision – https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.