Job Description: WDT is seeking applicants for the position of Meteorologist Intern. Interns will work alongside WeatherOps operational meteorologists and will assist with severe weather monitoring, incoming/outgoing client communication, forecast product creation, and other duties as assigned. Previous forecasting experience and a basic understanding of the role that weather plays in decision making, business continuity, etc. is desired. Candidates for this position must be able to effectively manage stressful forecasting situations while consistently meeting deadlines and coordinating with the operational meteorologists on duty. This position may occasionally include the need to work weekends or into the late evening hours.
- Currentlyenrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) program, with a focus on Meteorology, Atmospheric Science, or related field.
- An understanding of the role that weather plays in safety and decision making.
- Previousoperational forecasting experience and basic understanding of meteorological data and related scientific
- Outstanding technicalwriting and oral communication
- Abilityto work in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Basicunderstanding of computer hardware and
- Previousexperience with AWIPS or AWIPS-II.
- Proficientin using various computer operating systems including Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft
- Proficientin using Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint,
Job Location: Norman, OK
Working Hours: Hour and days worked during the week may vary, and include weekends.
Position Type: Paid Internship
Candidates should submit resume and other related materials to email@example.com.
WDT is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org