Support product design, development and validation. Apply metrology fundamentals and standard methodology to support calibration, analysis, testing & reporting of Inspection, Measurement, and Testing Equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems, often with incomplete formation, to arrive at a root
- Basic mechanical knowledge of automotive
- Knowledge of computer software as it pertains to
- Communicate with customers (internal & external) as needed to insure effective and efficient completion of testing objectives.
- Complete work requests on-time and assist in maintaining accurate work order
- Apply safety standards in everyday work activities per company
- Monitor compliance with quality systems
- Perform laboratory housekeeping
- COMPUTER SKILLS – GAGEtrak, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Windows-based
- Proficient oral & written communicator, strong computer skills, effective problem solving, mechanical & electrical aptitude, entrepreneurial work
- Six Sigma and Problem Solving
- PRIMARY KNOWLEDGE:
- Applies knowledge of measurements science, mathematics, physics, and engineering to calibrate measurement and test equipment to ensure the required level of measurement traceability and accuracy are
- Develops and document calibration procedures, by using best practices from national, international and industrial consensus standards and military standards as required, including automated procedures using automated calibration systems.
- Manages the measurement and test equipment management system to maintain an accurate inventory of gages to be calibrated, generate calibration due reports to customers, ensure relevant information connected to the calibration g. calibration results, out of tolerance conditions etc. is recorded and filed.
- Manages the process of protecting and maintaining assigned equipment, including scheduling and performing of weekly / monthly checks on equipment and maintaining lab traceability through scheduling of internal and external calibrations.
- Analyze calibration data, making computations as necessary, to determine calibration
- Performs or participates in measurement systems analysis of M&TE, inter-laboratory comparisons, and measurement assurance
- Acts as a technical resource in the day-to-day lab operations, work with the operations, engineering and quality staff to provide technical measurement and gauge support, assistance in the development of new measurement and calibrations processes/procedures,
- Perform Measurement Systems Analysis using the principles of traceability and analysis of accuracy and precision requirements
- Design and develop specialized measurement and test equipment
- Continually pursue quality and cost reduction opportunities through appropriate insourcing, outsourcing and optimization of measurement and calibration processes
- Assist in Quality Systems Management as IATF 16949 Lead Internal Auditor and through coaching and leading of root cause analysis and corrective action activities
- SECONDARY KNOWLEDGE:
- CMM Operation along with knowledge of PC DMIS.
- . BS in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Metrology
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com