Morning Executive Producer
About Gray Television
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 101 television markets. Upon closing pending transaction, Gray will own television stations serving 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWCH/KSCW is the #1 news leader in Wichita, Kansas. We love news. We help the community understand their world. If you are looking for a career that is never boring or ordinary, we’d love to show you what KWCH has to offer you.
KWCH/KSCW is looking for the unicorn of our newsroom – the elusive Morning Show Executive Producer! If you love coffee (or heck, anything with caffeine!) and can appreciate driving to work when it’s dark with NO TRAFFIC and can motivate and coach one of the best teams in the biz, keep reading!
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage content and staff of 15+ for 5.5 hour morning show
• Help identify and direct new content; work with producers to create factual, compelling and creative coverage on-air and on our digital platforms
• Create coverage plans for severe weather and big story coverage
•Ability to react quickly and accurately to breaking news
• Must maintain working knowledge of current events and community issues
• Ability to articulate your vision for the newscasts
• Fact checking, strong editorial judgment and excellent writing and proofreading skills are a must
• Able to quickly, accurately and calmly handle decision-making process during the on-air process
• Be able to positively coach and help teammates grow their skills
• Work with other news managers on strategic station goals
- Able to manage, mentor and lead a team
• Ability to write clearly and accurately and edit video
• Create compelling and memorable story coverage
• Willingness to work flexible hours and possess ability to work well with co-workers
• Strong news judgment
• Ability to handle and adjust accordingly to last-minute changes
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
• Ability to keep up with national and local news/weather
• Understand and follow the journalistic code of ethics
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.