Numerical Weather Prediction Scientist
DTN is a global leader providing insights and analytics to our customers to feed, fuel, and protect the world. We help people make critical business decisions that impact the agriculture, oil and gas, trading, and weather industries.
It’s a difference you’ve likely felt without even knowing it. From the food on your plate to the gas in your car to the last flight you took, chances are a DTN customer made it possible. And that’s just for starters. That’s why we say, “When our customers prosper, we all win.”
DTN has an opening for a Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) Scientist in its Norman, OK, office. The successful candidate will assist with supporting and enhancing DTN’s WRF-based NWP capabilities. Key tasks involve applying WRF data assimilation techniques and developing relevant applications while working in an AWS high-performance computing (HPC) environment. Working with DTN’s global modeling team, the scientist will create and enhance innovative solutions that delight our customers.
DTN’s Norman office is located on the University of Oklahoma Research Campus across from the National Weather Center.
- Develop and apply WRF data assimilation techniques.
- Support and develop operational NWP applications in an AWS HPC cloud-based environment.
- Validate NWP model skill and devise methods for continual improvement of the forecast system.
- M.S. in Meteorology or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience working with operational models.
- Experience with WRF.
- Experience with HPC in a cloud-based environment.
- Experience with Python and Fortran.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. in Meteorology or equivalent.
- Experience with variational data assimilation.
- AWS architect certification.
OUR VISION: To be the independent, trusted source of insights to our customers who feed, protect, and fuel the world.
OUR MISSION: Empower our customers with intelligent and actionable insights that exceed their expectations and enable their success on a daily basis.
OUR VALUES: Customer Delight, Education, Teamwork, Colleague Focus, Innovation, Integrity
We have great benefits at DTN – apply today to find out more!
At DTN, we are an equal opportunity employer. Come join us as we help feed, fuel, and protect the world!
** DTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit dtn.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.