Office Assistant – Student Employee (Summer)
The South Central Climate Adaptation Science Center (CASC) seeks to hire a Student Social Media Coordinator & Office Assistant to manage and grow our social media presence on a variety of platforms and assist with day-to-day office tasks. The incumbent will work with the Science Translator to assure our research, webinars, courses, and events are thoroughly broadcasted across all social media platforms. They will also work with the Office Manager on office support including restocking supplies, greeting guests, and note taking. The incumbent will join a diverse, interdisciplinary team dedicated to supporting the use of climate information in adaptation planning.
This position will be responsible for scheduling posts, engaging with followers in a professional setting, and strategically planning posts on all platforms to assure maximum reach, as well as assisting with day-to-day office tasks. The individual selected will be expected to engage with our consortium members to gather content for social media, as well as share content and engage with fellow CASCs, federal agencies, and other groups to promote relevant climate adaptation information. This position will be responsible for growing our audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. As needed, the Student Social Media Coordinator & Office Assistant will develop graphic design elements to highlight the work of the CASC on social media and other platforms.
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Spring, Summer and/or Fall 2021 class schedule.
- Familiarity with Windows or Mac computer operating systems
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Standard office envrionment
- Experience working with social media in a professional setting
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Ability to write in a scientific and creative manner to optimize content
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Interest in and/or familiarity with climate/weather or environmental science
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign or Illustrator
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
To apply for this job please visit ou.taleo.net.