DTN is seeking applicants for the position of Operational Meteorologist. Excellent forecasting and communication skills are required as this role involves handling a wide array of forecasting scenarios (both marine and continental) and client interaction (ranging from emails to conference calls and video briefings) on a daily basis. Candidates for this position must be able to effectively address stressful forecasting situations while consistently meeting deadlines and coordinating with other forecasters on duty.
This position requires shift work including nights, weekends, and occasional holidays. A passion for weather forecasting is a necessity to succeed in this role so please emphasize your forecasting skills in your resume.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Meteorology.
• 1-3+ years of operational forecasting experience.
• Marine and tropical forecasting experience is a plus.
• Advanced understanding of meteorological data and related scientific processes.
• Outstanding technical writing and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational and oral briefing skills along with attention to detail.
• Advanced understanding of computer hardware and software.
• Use of AWIPS or AWIPS-II.
• Use of various computer operating systems including Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows.
• Use of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
DTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Benefits start day 1 of employment. Dollar for dollar match up to 6% on 401k!
For more details or to apply to this job, click on this link: https://careerlink.com/job/10815-000398-operational-meteorologist
To apply for this job please visit careerlink.com.