Operational Meteorologist with Programming Background
Weather or Not Inc.
Do you want your weather forecast to make a difference every day? Highway contractors decide if they should close roads to pour concrete. MLB decides if they should delay or cancel a game. Airports decide if they can keep runways open with their in-house crew, or if they need to call in their snow contractor with massive equipment and personnel. Utilities decide if they should schedule emergency crews depending upon the type of ice storm expected.
These critical business decisions require accurate and pro-active weather consulting. As Weather or Not grows, how we communicate decision support is increasingly dependent upon improved digital representation of the weather impacts to clients operations. Here’s where your programming and digital design skills will make a major difference.
If you want to share your talents in an exciting work environment, we encourage you to apply to become a part of our team.
- S. in Meteorology or military equivalent experience is required
- Sharp analytical skills with a strong understanding of Midwest weather patterns and forecasting
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task under pressure while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Strong skills using GEMPAK, GRAnalyst, GREarth, Bufkit, MS Office, Linux required, experience with GIS a plus
- Innovative thinking while developing digital solutions to weather impacts preferred
- Experience handling customer questions/comments a plus
- Demonstrated work ethic and professionalism
To apply, please send cover letter, resume (including references) and salary requirements to:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail: Mr. Sullivan Brown
Weather or Not, Inc.
6100 Neiman Road, Suite 200
Shawnee, KS 66203
Weather or Not, Inc. is a non-smoking environment. Salary will be commensurate with education, knowledge, skills and abilities. A comprehensive benefits package is available. Please do not call or apply in person.
Weather or Not, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com