Job Description: WDT is seeking applicants for the position of Operational Meteorologist. Excellent forecasting and communication skills are required as this role involves handling a wide array of forecasting scenarios (both marine and continental) and client interaction (ranging from emails to conference calls and video briefings) on a daily basis. Candidates for this position must be able to effectively address stressful forecasting situations while consistently meeting deadlines and coordinating with other forecasters on duty. This position requires shiftwork contained within a recurring weekend schedule. Regularly working nights and some holidays is necessary. A passion for weather forecasting is a necessity to succeed in this role so please emphasize your forecasting skills in your resume. Entry-level meteorologists are encouraged to apply although some level of introductory operational forecasting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’sDegree (or higher) in Meteorology with at least 1-2 years of operational forecasting experience, with marine and tropical experience preferred.
- Advanced understandingof meteorological data and related scientific
- Outstandingtechnical writing and oral communication
- Outstandingorganizational and oral briefing skills along with attention to
- Advanced understandingof computer hardware and
- Useof AWIPS or AWIPS-II.
- Useof various computer operating systems including Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft
- Useof Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint,
Job Location: Norman, OK
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Candidates should submit resume and other related materials to email@example.com.
WDT is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://firstname.lastname@example.org. →