Severe Weather and Graphics Internship – HailTrace
Job Type – Spring/Summer Internship (Part-Time)
Hours and Pay – Interns will be paid $10/hour. Hours will vary as weather dictates. Interns may work up to 30 hours per week as determined by intern availability and department needs.
About the Position: HailTrace is a technology company that excels in weather forensics. Our team of meteorologists analyzes and builds an international data base of hail, wind, and tornado events in real time. The mission of HailTrace is to partner with restoration companies by providing industry leading ideas and weather related data.
Opportunities are available for interns to work directly with the meteorology team, analyzing severe weather and providing media coverage of national storms. HailTrace’s internship program provides valuable experience in the private sector meteorology industry as well as the media and tech business. Our company is looking to hire interns with a passion for weather and an eagerness to help communities recover after being impacted by severe storms!
What’s In it For You:
- Hourly compensation at $10/hour.
- You will gain diverse experience in the business of forensic meteorology, as well as the private sector and media industries.
- You will gain forecasting and storm coverage skills, along with the ability to accurately identify severe weather on radar.
- Opportunities to build weather graphics and record your own forecasts to create a demo reel.
- You will be a part of a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Participate in networking opportunities and early career development.
What You Would Do:
- Identify and map severe wind, hail, and tornadoes with dual-polarization products
- Control MAX Graphics systems during daily forecasts and live coverage
- Create new graphics using MAX Systems
- Practice covering severe storms and presenting recorded forecasts for a demo reel
- Create national severe weather forecasts – Help verify severe weather through the use of social media platforms
- Currently a junior or senior in an undergraduate program focused on meteorology or atmospheric science
- Basic knowledge of atmospheric dynamics and dual-polarization radar products
- Experience forecasting severe weather
- Competent using popular social media platforms
- Experience using MAX Graphics software preferred
- Experience using GIS software such as GR Analyst preferred
- Flexible schedule to help with severe storm coverage
Candidates should email resume, cover letter, transcript and any references to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com