Software Development Engineer – Prime Air (Drones)
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
We’re looking for an outstanding software development engineer who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person will support the development and deployment of weather observation and forecasting services for operations, and implementation of weather models in our state-of-the-art simulator, working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our science and engineering teams. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Experience developing applications on native AWS
· Experience working with distributed systems
· Experience in communicating with technical teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
· Experience with scientific computing using C++ and Python
· Experience working with large environmental datasets
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us