Sr Professional, Meteorological Data Quality Analyst
- Leverage knowledge and experience with (1) severe storms/weather perils and (2) delivery channels for relevant ground-truth observational information regarding severe storm impacts to perform:
- Refinement to and supplementation of input data streams (e.g., storm reports) in effective “real-time” ongoing assessments of the performance of core data asset derivations (Hail Verification Technology, Wind Verification Technology)
- Internal coordination of relevant storm activity and dataset quality information in support of day-to-day Sales activities
- Perform and document ongoing assessments of core dataset derivation performance and dataset quality – as relating to case-specific meteorological parameters and storm morphologies (e.g., high CAPE-low shear, HP supercells, etc.) – to feed back to internal R&D for future algorithmic and product development
- Development and fulfillment of data quality assessment and control (QA / QC) procedure requirements
- Monitor integrity of outbound data streams and troubleshoot and/or elevate issues through appropriate internal technical support channels
Sr Professional, Data Quality
% Travel Involved
Less than 10%
Employee Referral Award Amount
Join the team that powers the global real estate economy – CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion in sales company with more than 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must — and engage, include and collaborate at every turn.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
he Meteorological Data Quality Analyst for the Spatial Solutions team will be directly responsible for ensuring current, consistent, and connected data is produced reliably by our proprietary meteorological algorithms.
Meteorological Data Quality Analysts will work within a team to ensure 24×7 operational support of our algorithms and both the data they use as inputs as well as the data that they produce.
A successful Meteorological Data Quality Analyst has a passion for weather, is extremely detail-oriented, and exhibits extreme ownership of the data products that they are supporting. They should be comfortable working side by side with Business Product Managers, Science and Analytics, User Experience, Development teams, and Clients to support both operational and experimental efforts within the organization. We look for people that are not afraid to identify what we are doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we are doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, we look for candidates that judge their success by the success of the team and the happiness of our customers.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Associate or Bachelor of Science degree (or relevant college-level coursework) in scientific field of study, or at least four (5) years of relevant specialized experience
- Strong background in meteorological data interpretation and analysis
- Experience with interpretation of weather radar data required
- Advanced qualitative knowledge of severe storms and associated environments through in-field severe storm studies and/or coursework
- Understanding of storm hazard observation reporting channels and use of social media
- Use of geographic information systems (GIS) software tools and interpretation/manipulation of geospatial data
- Familiarity with NOAA/National Weather Service (NWS) storm warning and verification processes
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrable attention to fine detail
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.