Sr Professional, Software Engineer Meteorological
The Meteorological Sr. Professional Software Engineer for the Spatial Solutions team will be directly responsible for engineering the data ingest, processing, and delivery pipelines that we rely upon for producing state-of-the-art current, consistent, and connected proprietary meteorological data for our clients. You will work within a team to ensure 24×7 operational excellence of our algorithms, operationalize new meteorological algorithms and the necessary data acquisition processes, and develop new techniques to derive spatial analytics from the meteorological and hazard data sets available to our team.
A successful Meteorological Sr. Professional Software Engineer has a passion for weather, is extremely well-versed in development and infrastructure practices of the meteorological industry, and exhibits extreme ownership of the data products that they are working to deliver. They should be comfortable working side by side with Business Product Managers, Science and Analytics, User Experience, Development teams to support both operational and experimental efforts within the organization.
We look for people that are not afraid to identify what we are doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we are doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, we look for candidates that judge their success by the success of the team and the happiness of our customers.
- Assists in management of 24×7 operations of critical computing systems and inbound/outbound data streams.
- Maintain the continuity, integrity, and security of data assets.
- Coordinate with Science and Analytics team members on R&D activities and algorithm improvements.
- Responsible for making operational and maintaining proprietary algorithms and data processes
Sr Professional, Software Engineer
% Travel Involved
Less than 10%
Employee Referral Award Amount
Join the team that powers the global real estate economy – CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion in sales company with more than 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must — and engage, include and collaborate at every turn.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
Working under minimal supervision, the Senior Professional, Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, updating and supporting software systems and applications from a broad system-wide perspective. Software Engineer IV’s are expected to be an integral part of a development team, competent to work on virtually all phases of application development and capable of independently carrying out all essential development tasks. Level of work assigned is complex and broad in scope. This position, in partnership with business partners/product owners, gathers information and analyzes needs to determine feasibility of client requests. This position also takes an active mentoring role, and provides design scope and specifications to less experienced team members.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) degree in Meteorology or Computer Science (or related field) or more than 10 years of relevant experience in computer operations and systems / data administration.
- Strong background in meteorological data interpretation and analysis
- Advanced understanding of high-availability computing environments
- More than 10 years of experience with and an advanced understanding of meteorological data and data systems, specifically:
- Experience working with data formatted in binary, ASCII, GRIB, NetCDF, HDF, etc
- Experience with common meteorological data distribution systems/tools such as IRADS, NOAAPort, LDM
- Experience with Geospatial tools such as GDAL, ArcPy, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- String scripting skills (bash, perl, python)
- Advanced understanding of geospatial/georeferenced datasets
- Preference given to candidates with working knowledge of big data tools such as Cassandra, Hadoop. Plotly, Storm, MongoDB, etc.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to effectively multi-task and work independently
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.