Student Research Assistant (Summer)
Serve as a summer Student Research Assistant at the Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies (CIMMS). The Assistant will perform assigned tasks to assist in the analysis of data collected during the 2021 Warn-on-Forecast testbed experiment. Duties will include completing required human-subject research training, transcribing audio from a large number of focus group discussion with National Weather Service forecasters, and potentially analyzing qualitative data pertaining to the Warn-on-Forecast System as experienced is gained.
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Spring, Summer and/or Fall 2021 class schedule.
- Familiarity with NWS forecasting tools and procedures
- Effective communication skills
- Will need to undertake the CITI certification which is necessary for human-subject research; this certification will be done during work hours
- Willingness to listen and have patience
- job will be for at least one month with the potential to extend duties through the summer
To apply for this job please visit ou.taleo.net.