Student Social Media & Communications Specialist
SC Climate Adaptation Center
––– The South Central Climate Adaptation Science Center (CASC) seeks to hire a Student Social Media Coordinator and Communications Assistant to manage and grow our social media presence on a variety of platforms and assist with some day-to-day communications tasks. The incumbent will work with the Science Translator and Communications Specialist to assure our research, webinars, courses, and events are thoroughly broadcasted across all social media platforms, monthly newsletter, and internal and external mailing lists as needed. The incumbent will join a diverse, interdisciplinary team dedicated to supporting the use of climate information in adaptation planning.
Duties for this position include:
- Strategically planning posts on all platforms to assure maximum reach
- Assisting in the development of visual media elements to highlight the work of the CASC
- Scheduling content posts
- Engaging with followers in a professional setting
- Maintaining and growing our audiences
- Assisting with outreach events, including photography
- Assisting with some day-to-day office communications tasks, such as coordination of communications for outreach events or collaboration efforts with other CASCs and consortium partners
- Other duties as assigned
The individual selected will be expected to engage with our consortium members to gather content for social media, and our monthly newsletter, as well as share content and engage with fellow CASCs, federal agencies, and other groups to promote relevant climate adaptation information.
––– Required Education: Must be currently enrolled in the current Fall 2022 Term as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Fall 2022 class schedule.
- Experience working with multiple social media platforms in a professional or organizational setting
- Strong communication and writing/editing skills
- Ability to write in a scientific and creative manner to optimize content
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Interest in and/or familiarity with climate/weather or environmental sciences, and science communications
- Familiarity with image/video editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools
- Familiarity using MailChimp or similar tools
- Familiarity with story maps using ArcGIS Online
- Familiarity/Interest in working with WordPress or similar web design tools
- Ability to work independently
- A willingness to learn and apply best practices in communications across different media types
To apply for this job please visit ou.taleo.net.