Citadel, a commodities trading investment firm, seeks a weather associate/analyst to join a highly successful weather team.
- Contributing to time-sensitive research projects motivated by forecast challenges
- Managing meteorological and oceanic datasets
- Conducting model forecast verification
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- B.S. in atmospheric science or closely related field
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience working with geophysical data formats (e.g., netcdf)
- Knowledge of model forecast verification practices
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Record of success in delivering on short- and long-term projects
- Interest in serving weather stakeholders
- M.S. or Ph.D. in atmospheric science or closely related field
- Experience using NCAR Model Evaluation Tools (MET) verification package
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation/benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply: Send resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: August 23, 2019
About Citadel: Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments, and foundations. With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com