I see my role as a mentor in helping my mentees reach their personal goals and realize their dreams. Reaching these goals is often a curvy road and it is my role to assist with smoothing out bumps and providing guidance at the various twists and turns along the way.
Higher Education and Employment Background:
- Associate Dean, OU (since 2017)
- Professor, OU (since 2016)
- Associate Professor, OU (2008-2016)
- Assistant Professor, OU (2002-2008)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, OU (2001-2002)
- Post-Doc, ETH Zurich, Switzerland (1999-2000)
- PhD in Civil Engineering, University of Karlsruhe, Germany (1999)
- Research Associate, University of Karlsruhe, Germany (1993-1999)
- Diploma in Physics, University of Karlsruhe, Germany (1993)
Life Defining Moments in Meteorology and Higher Education:
- Being a first-generation college student at a major university.
- Walking into a freshman Math class with roughly 300 male students and a handful of female students.
- Navigating the tenure-track faculty career as a first-generation college graduate and a new mother.
- Being an immigrant and newcomer with an unusual, interdisciplinary background in the School of Meteorology 20 years ago.
- Finding my support group of colleagues and friends and learning from amazing students along the way. It keeps me going!
|ID||Course Name||Duration||Start Date|
|METR 4553 001||Climate and Renewable Energy||TR 8:30am - 9:45am||January 18, 2022|
|METR 5553 001||Climate and Renewable Energy||TR 8:30am - 9:45am||January 18, 2022|