- We all need to start in some place to gain experience.
- We can all learn together.
Higher Education and Employment Background:
- PhD, Atmospheric Science, University of Nevada, Reno, 2018
- M.S., Atmospheric Science, University of Nevada, Reno, 2013
- B.S., Meteorology, Universidad de Costa Rica, 2009
Life Defining Moments in Meteorology and Higher Education:
- Hurricanes Cesar (1996) and Mitch (1998). I was 10 and 12 years old (respectively) and I witnessed how the power of nature destroyed Central America.
- When I became a data scientist, I wanted to do something that can help people.
- The Rim fire (2013), opened my mind on the importance of forecasting.