Postdoctoral Research Scholar
NC State University
|Essential Job Duties|
The Postdoctoral Research Scholar will be working in the area of data analytics to support climate data record activities, including the development of datasets describing essential climate variables.
This position is located in Asheville, NC.
The Postdoctoral Research Scholar will be responsible for the support of climate data record activities, including development of datasets describing essential climate variables as observed from a variety of observational platforms (in situ, satellite, radar, etc.).
– Fully participate in unit (NCICS, NCEI, project teams, etc.) activities and meetings.
– Make timely presentations at appropriate scientific venues as required.
– Prepare and publish peer-reviewed research on activity results.
– Prepare and submit grant applications for extramural support.
– Other related duties as assigned.
|Work Schedule||Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM|
|Department Required Skills|
– Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Environmental Sciences (atmospheric science, geography, etc.),or related field.
– Completion of Ph.D. by start date of appointment.
– Experience with analysis of large observational and/or model climate datasets.
– Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
– Personal enthusiasm for the project goals.
– Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
– Ability to work independently as well as make positive team contributions.
|Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education|
– Experience with the CMIP suite and/or regional climate modeling datasets and analyses.
– Experience with reanalyses.
– Experience with in situ and remotely sensed datasets.
– Experience with the development and use of statistically downscaled datasets.
– Experience with the development and use of uncertainty quantification measures.
– Experience with high performance computing and working within cloud-based environments.
– Experience with machine learning.
|Required License or Certification|
|Valid NC Driver’s License required?||No|
|Commercial Driver’s License Required?||No|
|Anticipated Hiring Range||$55,000-$65,000|
|If you anticipate multiple hires from this search, please indicate how many|
|Job Open Date||09/08/2021|
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ncsu.edu.