TV Meteorologist and Multimedia Journalist
WDTV/WVFX is looking for meteorologist/MMJ to join our team at our studio in Bridgeport, West Virginia. The successful candidate will have the drive and talent to be number one. You will work with the News Director and other Meteorologists to set the direction of and provide feedback to the weather department. The ideal candidate must be able to produce and deliver a dynamic, compelling and understandable forecast for our newscasts and digital platforms. Accuracy is a must. You will cover severe weather with urgency, while also being reassuring. Our meteorologists must have the ability to work in a multi-platform environment and will contribute daily to our digital platforms, including social media and wdtv.com. Responsibilities also include working directly with the news team to build out our coverage and make it meaningful and relatable to our viewers. Our meteorologists may have to report in the field. Strong leadership and teamwork is a must. Our weather team is involved in the newsroom and the community. The person we hire must have a positive attitude and be an ambassador for the station by making personal appearances at community events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Build a forecast that relates to our viewers.
* Must have knowledge of weather forecasting and system such as WSI.
• Qualified candidates must have knowledge of high powered radar data in communicating information about active storm systems.
• Must be able to update web and social weather information.
• Ability to stream weather video and weathercast preferred.
• Must handle multiple weather forecasting platforms including television and web.
• Ability to shoot, write and edit stories preferred.
• Must have a desire to be proactively involved in the community.
• Must have a positive attitude and ability to work with others in a changing industry.
* Ability to enterprise weather-related stories multiple times during the week.
• Strong research and writing skills
• Ability to adapt to rapid changes as dictated by an always-changing newsroom environment
• Ability to follow directions and work on your own is a must
• Ability to operate and contribute to a “team” environment
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.