I want to empower students to take full ownership of their careers by helping them explore opportunities, nurture skills, and think critically about their needs, preferences, and goals.
Higher Education and Employment Background:
- Teaching, teaching, teaching!
- PhD in Meteorology, OU
- Master’s in Meteorology, OU
- Bachelor’s in Mathematics and Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences, UW-Madison
Life Defining Moments in Meteorology and Higher Education:
- Taking my first calculus class freshman year of college: I had been neutral about math until that point, but my phenomenal teacher helped me discover my love for math and set me on a path of wanting to help others find their own enjoyment of math.
- Teaching Dynamics I: Living the dream!
- Taking qualitative research methods courses: These classes helped me gain a much deeper understanding and appreciation of science.
- Taking part in the OU Graduate Teaching Academy as a graduate student: This program helped me leverage my personality and skills to better teach, and I began to identify as a teacher.